Capstone Week 3 - January 29 - February 4
Please Pardon Our Digital Dust - Construction in Progress
Let's get to the goods. Below is a video capture of a second prototype deployed on the Oculus Pro headset. The goal was to see how the mixed reality content integrated into the real world.
To get to this point I needed to brush up on my Maya modeling "skills" and start building something.
- Cuban Heritage Collection
Home to the largest repository of materials on Cuba outside of the island
and the most comprehensive collection of resources about Cuban exile
history and the global Cuban diaspora experience.
- Luis J. Botifoll Oral History Project
- A digital collection includes videos, outlines, and selected transcripts of oral history interviews conducted principally with members of the first generations of Cubans to leave the island after the Cuban Revolution.
Planning and Sketching
Fix Raycaster ( The buttons didn't work!)
- Build Interactions > Windows opening | Trigger Freedom Tower
Set up depth sensing for hand pass-through
- Scale Objects / Align with floor plane
- Design set with more detail
- Texture objects
- Find CG models: Curtain | Palm Trees | Kitchen appliances
- Story Pass
- Setup Github file backup
Four Week Challenge
I have a sneaking suspicion that I might need to use my time a little more intentionally and with a greater sense of urgency. With such a "long" time horizon before the project is due, I should take advantage of the opportunity to fail earlier and make adjustments along the way. My experience in school and with personal projects has taught me that Parkinson's Law is VERY real.
In an effort to actually learn from my mistakes, I'm going to give myself a
deadline of a 4-week sprint to get the project as close to finished as
- Parkinson’s Law: "work will expand to fill the time allotted for its completion